On-chain games 🕹️
Dear Bankless Nation,
My read of the week? “The Future of On-Chain Gaming” by Volt Capital’s Alec Chen.
It’s a short and insightful read about how on-chain multiplayer gaming, while nascent, is on the verge of working at scale.
I totally agree! With infra improving quickly and gas fees trending toward zero, I think it’s only a matter of time until we start seeing the first complex on-chain gaming blockbusters.
Those titles may still be years away, sure. Yet the seeds for them are being sown today, so keep your eyes peeled on the on-chain gaming scene accordingly. For now, let’s get you caught up on the past week in NFTs — have a great weekend everyone ✌️
📣 General NFT News
- LooksRare added an NFT Quicklook feature:
- Meta expanded support for NFTs on Instagram and Facebook.
- OpenSea introduced Polygon support for its new Seaport protocol.
- PROOF Collective raised a $50M Series A round.
- Quixotic, an NFT marketplace on Optimism, introduced OP OG NFTs.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Moonbirds Mythics, a 20k Moonbirds expansion collection, is coming early next year:
- HyperLoot launched the HyperLoot Foundation.
- Art Blocks unveiled Art Blocks Engine, a generative art system for events, sports, and beyond.
- SuperRare is considering a multi-list platform model for further decentralization.
- Hyype, an NFT lore project, added support for oncyber and GALLERY exhibitions.
🎮 Decentralized Gaming
- Axie Infinity saw one of its Genesis Plots resell for +166 ETH.
- Aavegotchi published its August Update report.
- Internet Game, a web3 mini-game battle royale, launched.
💽 Music NFTs
- Arpeggi rolled out support for uploading samples.
- Catalog launched its 1st curation cycle.
- Songcamp introduced the Present Material record store, which was built on Zora.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Decentraland is hosting a permanent collection of Frida Kahlo’s art.
- Hyperfly introduced custom avatars:
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Based Ghouls shuttered the project’s v0 Ghoul Pool on sudoswap:
- JPEG’d, an NFT lending protocol, introduced a Trait Boost system.
- Kinetic, the first multi-chain NFT aggregator, is preparing to launch.
- NFTX now has subgraphs live on The Graph.
- sudoswap announced its SUDO token distribution plans.
- Uniswap V3 positions on Polygon have facilitated considerable NFT volume over the past month:
🆔 Read The Decentralized Identity Revolution on Bankless
📸 Watch the NFT IP Panel Pt. 2 on Overpriced JPEGs
🧐 Catch up on my other write-ups from this week: