13 - DeFi's Mainstream Wallet | Itamar Lesuisse
Inside the episode
Argent is the closet thing we've seen to a mainstream ready bankless wallet. Is this crypto's Netscape moment?
Ryan & David sit down with Itamar the co-founder of Argent to find out. Coming off a big week of releases, Itamar tells us how DeFi's almost reached parity with traditional finance, hasn't quite found product market fit in developed countries, but why he's incredibly bullish about the future.
Why Itamar's here
What makes Argent Bankless
The walled garden approach
Why typical wallets suck
Superpowers with DeFi
What's holding us back
What if Argent goes away?
Collecting an email address
Argent in Argentina
1 billion users & Argent in 5 years
Finding the Netscape of crypto
Two things he wants from the Bankless community
How soon until 1 billion users? Listen and decide for yourself.
Before the episode begins we also talk about:
- Why if feels like 2016 again
- The BlockFi breach and "DeFi fixes this"
- (Article) https://bankless.ghost.io/its-2016-again-market-monday-lite"> It's 2016 again
- (Article) https://bankless.ghost.io/how-to-get-your-first-defi-wallet"> How to get your first DeFi Wallet (Argent)
- (Podcast) https://bankless.ghost.io/9-going-bankless-w-maker-and-mariano"> Learn about the Dai Savings Rate in Ep #9