NFTs in Q1 2021: A+
Dear Bankless Nation,
With Q1 2021 now over, it’s worth noting the NFT ecosystem really shined over the last three months.
Veteran projects performed well and started garnering mainstream interest, and we also saw a flurry of promising upstart projects arrive that are opening up new possibilities around NFTs.
Taken altogether, you just have to be excited about NFTs right now. The possibilities of this technology have never been more wide open, and many of us can see the fun is only just beginning.
If you know, you know!
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- There’s a new standing bid of 3,000 ETH (~$6M) on rare alien CryptoPunk #3443!
- The current CryptoPunks price floor is ~15 ETH.
- On-chain generative music project EulerBeats released its second collectibles collection, Enigma 💽
- Popular cryptoart platform SuperRare raised $9M in its Series A funding round.
- The artist Pak is getting ready for their Sotheby’s NFT drops 🖌️
- Nifty Gateway had an action-packed week of open edition drops from artists like Kidmograph, Ferry Corsten, and more.
- Verdigris Ensemble + Bryan Brinkman are collaborating on the first programmable music release on Async Art.
- Artist Kjetil Golid released the Paper Armada series, his first through the Art Blocks Playground.
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- DeFi-centric NFT game Aavegotchi just launched its 4th raffle giveaway contest.
- Illuvium, a coming auto battler game, successfully completed its Balancer Liquidity Pool Launchpad (BLP) for its $ILV token.
- After a brief and baseless suspension, the Axie Infinity Twitter account has returned.
- Global fantasy ⚽ game Sorare is currently investigating some compromised accounts.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Cryptovoxels is holding 3-day auctions for Milan, Helios, and Poneke parcels right now.
- Decentraland has integrated with the Polygon scaling solution to avert high gas fees.
- The Artvatars project has completed their HQ build in Somnium Space.
- The Sandbox gaming world just launched its NFT Marketplace beta.
🛒 NFT Marketplaces
- Favoriting is now live on OpenSea! Favorite your favored projects and easily keep track of them in your OpenSea profile!
- OpenSea and Immutable X have partnered up to bring Immutable X’s L2 collectibles to OpenSea’s marketplace.
- Meet Palm, a new NFT ecosystem + marketplace that’s gunning to create a very UX-friendly platform for NFT users.
- NFT marketplace Cargo has integrated support for inexpensive NFT minting via the xDai sidechain.
- Rarible partnered with FM Gallery 🎨
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- You can now borrow against NFTX’s $PUNK and $MASK tokens on Ruler Protocol.
- Very Nifty has added flash loan support for any of nft20’s NFT pools.
- VC firm a16z released the a16z NFT Canon, a collection of important and helpful NFT resources.