NFT governance experiments 🧪
Dear Bankless Nation,
Last weekend, the BLVKHVND esports DAO won a world championship event, becoming the first decentralized organization to achieve a world title!
The win was amazing, and it’s also among a spate of interesting advances that are coming to the fore around the crossroads of decentralized governance and NFTs right now. Some other things I’m watching excitedly include:
- 😜 jokedao innovating a new community-driven NFT governance system.
- 💡 Lil Nouns DAO pioneering an idea board system that’s poised to become adopted by DAOs far and wide.
- 🍴 Nouns Builder nearing, so soon projects can easily customize their own Nouns DAO forks.
- 🧃 Juicebox now being able to field NFT mint proceeds directly from Zora sales into a decentralized treasury.
Pay attention to these types of frontier NFT-adjacent governance experiments, because they’re paving important new pathways for the decentralized social happenings of tomorrow. In the meantime, thanks for reading and have a great weekend ✌️
📣 General NFT News
- eth.link is down.
- nameless introduced StealthTest, a private cloud-based testnet for QA testing NFT projects.
- Nouns DAO started the ninth round of its Launchpad program for Nounish builders.
- Paradigm researchers unveiled Variable Rate Gradual Dutch Auctions (VRGDAs), a new token issuance mechanism built for Art Gobblers that lets projects release NFTs flexibly along a custom schedule.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Pudgy Penguin #6873, the rarest NFT in the collection, resold for 400 ETH:
- 0xngmi released Tubbysea, a friendly experimental borrowing protocol for tubby cats holders.
- Yuga Labs said it will only recognize the PoS Ethereum chain post-Merge.
- Chromie Squiggle #7046, a rare HyperRainbow, was acquired by Kevin Rose for 150 ETH:
- Proof of Beauty is holding a free mint of generative on-chain pixel art next week in honor of Ethereum’s upcoming Merge upgrade.
- Don’t Panic by XCOPY resold for 500 ETH on SuperRare:
🎮 Decentralized Gaming
- BLVKHVND became the first esports DAO to win a world title by topping the first-ever Pokémon UNITE Championship event. Bravo, and godspeed!
- Axie Infinity released its latest balancing patch.
- Aavegotchi announced FAKE Gotchis, a community-driven art collection.
- TreasureDAO kicked off Bridgeworld Games by rolling out Harvesters, which are a new tool for farming MAGIC.
💽 Music NFTs
- Coopahtroopa published This Week in Music NFTs - August 22nd.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Chain Runners released interoperable metaverse avatars, which Nifty Island has already integrated.
- Decentraland kicked off its Metaverse Art Week festivities.
- MOCA launched its first Webaverse world:
- Voxels listed new Chronos parcels.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Gem integrated sudoswap listings:
- Hook, a new NFT call options protocol, launched on Ethereum.
- squiggleDAO is now the largest liquidity provider of Chromie Squiggles on the peer-to-peer NFTfi lending platform.
- SudoRare, a low-effort fork combo of LooksRare and sudoswap, rug pulled within hours of launching.
- Uniswap is in talks with seven NFT lending protocols in an effort to unify liquidity in the NFTfi sector.
- UNI holders approved the creation of the Uniswap Foundation.