I, NFT adept 🎆
Dear Bankless Nation,
You’re an on-chain adept. You know the ins and outs, or are beginning to learn the ins and outs, of NFTs and more.
Combine that knowledge with dashes of DeFi know-how, plus some DAO experiences, etc., and what do you get? A 21st-century digital spellcaster of sorts.
Of course, suggesting that we’re magicians is a little bit silly. A little bit romantic. Yet in the NFT ecosystem over the past two years I’ve seen magical things happen time and time again.
Imagine what’s to come, then? Double down into this metaphorical magic early, learn the new paths forward, and stay creative all along the way. For now, have a great weekend and thanks as always for reading.
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- OpenSea officially migrated its operations to its newly developed Seaport Protocol:
- Context released mint.fun, an NFT minting aggregator website.
- Immutable introduced Arch, an L1 to L2 bridging system for Ethereum and StarkNet.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Bored Ape 7537, a floor ape rarity-wise, sold for 1,024 ETH as part of a marketing stunt by the Chinese social media company Btok.
- Bored Town, a CC0 free-to-mint project on the Optimism L2, launched and temporarily brought NFT marketplace Quixotic to a halt last weekend.
- Nouns Vision, a project centered around building luxury physical Nouns glasses, began its public mint:
- goblintown.wtf creators revealed their identities as the team behind Truth Labs, an NFT studio.
- Archipelago, a marketplace specialized for Art Blocks pieces and generative art in general, is going live on June 20th.
- Simon de la Rouviere presented The Room of Infinite Paintings, an on-chain CC0 generative art project:
- Harm van den Dorpel airdropped a new series, Markov’s Dream: Orbs, to holders of his acclaimed Mutant Garden Seeders series:
- Starry Night Capital, a cryptoart fund co-managed by two founders of 3AC, consolidated its art NFTs into a new wallet; the move sparked speculation that an OTC deal was being conducted as rumors of 3AC’s insolvency surged this week:
🎮 NFT Gaming
- Axie Infinity launched the Axie Creator Program.
- Information Token DAO (IT) invested in Joyride, a streamlined web3 platform for game creators.
- Merit Circle DAO and Yield Guild Games (YGG) agreed to formally part ways.
- Playful Studios, the team behind Words With Friends and beyond, raised $46M to build out its upcoming Wildcard Alliance NFT game.
- Arpeggi Labs created the first open on-chain samples library:
- Coopahtroopa.eth published This Week in Music NFTs - June 13th.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Decentraland and The Sandbox are hosting around 1k active daily players right now.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Stacey Cunningham, the former president of the New York Stock Exchange, joined Uniswap Labs as an advisor (Uniswap V3 handles liquidity positions as NFTs).