WAGMI (onto the NFT nice list)
Dear Bankless Nation,
I saw a lot of nice people do a lot of nice things around the NFT ecosystem in 2021.
Of course, our respective naughty-or-nice lists would all be different per our unique perspectives. For me personally, much of this year’s magic came from the instances of kindness I witnessed and the wide range of individuals and groups I saw rise up and become serious forces for good.
I’m optimistic many of us will bring this same sort of kind energy into 2022. That’s no stretch to hope for, though, as it turns out many of us here are genuinely nice people!
Cheers to you, then, kind NFTers. Let’s keep doing good.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- The Deadfellaz team decided to delay the Deadfrenz release until Jan. 2022.
- Gremplin and co. launched MistleToadz, a holiday-themed spin-off created for CrypToadz holders.
- Santiago Santos purchased an NFT edition of the first Wikipedia edit on behalf of PleasrDAO.
- NFT platform Folia hosts the release of the DOTCOM SEANCE collection today:
- Async Art released Async Blueprints, a new generative art template system for artists.
- Jonathan Mann, the Bard of Web3, is kicking off Song A Day minting on Dec. 31st, 2021.
- mxtter, a new generative art platform, held its first auction.
🎮 NFT Games
- YGG is helping to raise funds for people affected by Typhoon Odette.
- Play-to-earn is on the rise; check out this current snapshot of the ecosystem by Chris Gonsalves:
- Axie Infinity is extending its current season to Jan. 4th, 2022.
- Loot Explorers is launching on Dec. 21st.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Cryptovoxels listed its final batch of Honolulu parcels. Speaking of Cryptovoxels, the VR world project is hosting a New Year’s Eve party on Igloo Island.
- The Sandbox is launching a SAND staking program on Polygon.
- Coinbase published “How Coinbase thinks about the metaverse.”
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- E-commerce giant Shopify launched an NFT beta program, which allows eligible users to mint and sell NFTs from their Shopify storefronts.
- Crypto analytics provider Nansen just introduced NFT rarity dashboards.
- NFT platform Mintable is live on the Immutable X L2.
- NFT platform Mint Square is live on the StarkNet testnet.
- NFT marketplace Rarible activated support for Tezos NFTs.
- NFT music dapp Sound.xyz raised a $5M seed round.
- Bitwise launched the Bitwise Blue-Chip NFT Index Fund.
- Nike acquired RTFKT Studios.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- NFT trading app Sudoswap published a post-mortem on its recent outage.
- NFTX started its 2nd Code4rena audit competition.
- The Fractional PENG4185 token experienced a major trading surge on the Slingshot DEX this week.