The great NFT leap
Dear Bankless Nation,
Earlier this week this tweet by Sfermion and Zima Red founder Andrew Steinwold struck me:
I totally agree. Indeed, NFTs let anyone create digital goods in DIY fashion and along the borderless payment rails of the future, and this reality will prove increasingly empowering for many people around the world in the decades ahead.
Accordingly, I’m expecting a growing surge of creative activity around our ecosystem over the next few years and beyond as things continue to really pick up speed. We’ve all experimented our ways into civilization’s next great leap in value exchange, so it seems!
On that note, relax and stay fresh for the marathon ahead. Have a great weekend everyone, be well, and as always stay creative ✌️
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- gmoney.eth and WAGMI United completed a takeover of the Crawley Town Football Club.
- LooksRare opened up its API to the public.
- Nansen now supports analytics data from NFT marketplace aggregators Gem and Genie.
- reNFT, an NFT rental platform, unveiled its v2 design.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Blitmap NFT universe has a new rivals expansion coming soon.
- Azuki #3602 was purchased for 275 ETH on LooksRare:
- Gh0stly Gh0sts, an omnichain NFT project, stealth launched.
- HyperLoot pre-minting and public minting began.
- Pudgy Penguins collection sold to entrepreneur Luca Netz of Netz Capital for 750 ETH.
- Sup, the team behind the Blitmap universe, is hiring a lore writer.
- Harm van den Dorpel just announced the release of Markov’s Dream.
- 6529 Capital acquired the fabled Mantel Rojo by legendary artist Manoloide for 275 ETH:
- Ringer #415, one of the rarest “green background” Ringers by artist Dmitri Cherniak, was listed on the secondary marketplace for the memetically sound price of 1,234 ETH.
- Proof of Beauty kicked off HASH Season 2 pre-minting:
🎮 NFT Gaming
- Axie Infinity unveiled new details about the Origin release’s all-new Arena Mode.
- Sky Mavis, the team behind Axie Infinity, raised $150M to help restore the Ronin bridge.
- Coopahtroopa.eth published This Week in Music NFTs - April 4th.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Cryptovoxels held auctions for parcels located in the Andromeda and Venice neighborhoods.
- Decentraland’s desktop client beta is making its final rounds ahead of the client’s full rollout.
- Webaverse publishes an explainer video that details the virtual world project’s progress to date.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Element Finance kicked off minting for its Elfiverse NFT project.
- Gem added NFT listings analytics to its platform.