NFTs on the other side
Dear Bankless Nation,
Tomorrow Yuga Labs launches minting for its Otherdeeds metaverse plots, which will be priced at 305 $APE each.
These plots will offer holders digital real estate in Yuga’s highly-anticipated Otherside adventure, so we’re seemingly on the verge of the biggest mint event and the biggest metaverse project the NFT space has seen yet.
Unsurprisingly, this enterprise’s arrival has so many implications for our space. How will things fare and evolve around the NFT ecosystem once the ecosystem’s on the other side of the Otherside’s genesis?
We’ll just have to wait and see, but get ready as things may get a little wild over the coming days. Whatever happens, I hope you enjoy your weekend and thanks kindly for reading ✌️
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- MoonPay is recruiting engineers for HyperMint, which is aimed at becoming “the Amazon Web Service of NFTs.”
- OpenSea acquired Gem, a popular NFT marketplace aggregator.
- Optimism, an Ethereum L2, unveiled a dual-token governance system that will involve soulbound NFTs.
- Ukraine launched a website where people can donate and buy NFTs to help support the country’s defense.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Akutar refunded 863 ETH to Akutar Pass Holders who bid in the project’s botched Dutch Auction event.
- Bored Ape Yacht Club’s Instagram was hacked. In other BAYC news, the floor price of a Bored Ape NFT reached a new high of +152 ETH.
- Meebits are on the verge of receiving new utilities, per Yuga Labs co-founder Gordon Goner.
- Moonbird #2642 sold for 350 ETH.
- PILLS is conducting an airdrop to CrypToadz holders in the near future:
- dun released The Hours series on Async Art:
- Osinachi released Choose the Man You Will Become II, also on Async Art:
- SuperRare is hosting its first pop-up gallery in Soho, New York, from May through August.
🎮 NFT Gaming
- Axie Infinity started the final season of Axie Infinity: Classic.
- Ronin published a post-mortem on the Ronin Bridge exploit.
- VaynerSports signed NFT gamer and Loot Squad co-founder Brycent:
- Yield Guild Games entered into a partnership with BreederDAO, a game asset production factory.
- Coopahtroopa.eth published This Week in Music NFTs - April 25th and a Music NFT Landscape Q2 2022 update:
- Sound, a platform for web3 musicians, has reached its first 2k collectors.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- The Otherside metaverse land sales kick off tomorrow, April 30th:
- Cryptovoxels started what will likely be the last parcel listings for Venice Island.
- Decentraland held a metaversal marathon in collaboration with Degree this week:
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- JPEG’d launched its NFT lending protocol.
- Abracadabra.money introduced the AbraNFT peer-to-peer NFT lending market.