NFTs in the real world
Dear Bankless Nation,
Russia invaded Ukraine this week.
The conflict has stunned the world and left many of us on the outside feeling helpless. In times like these, what should we do?
Sometimes the crypto and NFT ecosystem can feel like its own little game, its own little world. Yet the war in Ukraine this week reminds us that ultimately there’s no escaping the real world and its worst and very real problems.
In the face of these problems, we here might feel helpless today but if we stand together and use our borderless digital resources, we can render real aid across real borders, too.
Never forget that. And may Ukraine and peace prevail.
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- OpenSea faced an unprecedented phishing incident last weekend. The attack vector officially closed today with the completion of OpenSea’s listings migration event.
- Coinbase NFT marketplace sign-ups are approaching 4M and counting…
- The Graph just launched an onchain permissioning system via NFTs.
- Newt, Aave’s experimental arm, unveiled Aika: a platform for minting your time as NFTs.
- Polkadot and Kusama are adding support for NFTs.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Tubby Cats arrived with a “novel thoughtful approach” and are cheering up Crypto Twitter en masse:
- Erin Beesley, an acclaimed cryptoartist and coder, is releasing Pseudomods on Art Blocks on Mar. 1st.
- Right Click Save just hosted an intriguing piece by Luba Elliot called “Clip Art and the New Aesthetics of AI.”
🎮 NFT Games
- Axie Infinity has passed $4B in lifetime NFT trading volume.
- Guild of Guardians is partly developed by the Ukrainian-based Stepico-team, which has evacuated to Lviv in light of the Russian invasion.
- OpenSea added a music category tag to its collection creator UI.
- Sound unveiled a song splits feature.
- Spotify is looking at Web3 hires.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Cryptovoxels announced that it would cap its parcels at 70,000 LAND.
- Webaverse has already welcomed the Tubby Cats…
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- NFTX just celebrated its 1st birthday here 🎂
- SuperMassive published an awesome explainer vid covering The Idols, a new NFT collection whose NFTs are backed by Lido staked ETH (stETH):