NFT: New Futures, Together
Dear Bankless Nation,
The NFT ecosystem’s time has come.
Are we totally ready for all that entails? No. But does this space have some of the brightest creatives and innovators building in it right now? Yes, and I’ll never bet against that.
Around NFTs there’s absolutely a palpable feeling almost anywhere you look that we’re turning the page culturally and technologically. The energy here is electric because we’re doing meaningful work and we’re doing it together.
Indeed, this week we saw more progress everywhere we looked, more excitement, more passion. And it’s all real. Because we’re a part of something special, and it’s only just beginning.
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Made on behalf of the Freedom of the Press Foundation, Edward Snowden released his first NFT Stay Free on Foundation.
- The total supply of CryptoPunks is 10,000, but the accessible supply is certainly lower ...
- Jazz artist and saxophonist Matthew Casey is releasing his first NFTs through OpenSea on April 19th. Ahead of that Casey sat down with The Matthew & Rizzle Show to talk shop 🎷
- The artist Pak revealed the Burn project, which will center around people burning NFTs to attain the experimental currency $ASH. Pak’s Sotheby’s auctions also just earned the creator nearly $17M.
- SuperRare is hosting an AMA with prolific cryptoart collector Colborn Bell ...
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- Immutable X, a layer two (L2) scaling solution for NFT games and beyond, has powered over 30,000 trades for under $40 in just over a week since launching!
- Immutable X’s first integration, Ethereum card game Gods Unchained, saw its volume explode to over $16M on the week. Looks like affordable transactions go a long way!
- Axie Infinity is gearing up for the Phase 2 rollout of its Ronin sidechain. In the meantime, Axie players can prepare by downloading the Ronin wallet.
- Global fantasy ⚽ game Sorare launched dynamic tournament rewards.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Global labor arbitrage in the metaverse? Accelerated Capital wrote a great thread exploring how blockchain gaming guild Yield Guild is giving us a glimpse of the future of metaversal work, which will be spread out across digital nations.
- Epic Games, the game studio behind Fortnite, Rocket League, and more, just raised $1B around the rallying cry of building out the metaverse.
- Cryptovoxels kicked off auctions for San Francisco parcels this week.
- Ethermon, a game built on Decentraland, just got a slate of new backers.
- The Sandbox has updated its Game Maker system.
🛒 NFT Platforms
- Meme Protocol released its V2 system 🍍
- OpenSea added support for interactive NFTs.
- Cloudfare Stream announced that now “every video on Stream can be represented with an NFT.”
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- NFTX just launched the redemption interface of its new minting dashboard.
- On NIFTEX, a 450 ETH buyout of $HAUT, the fractionalized tokens representing the Agamogenesis Axie, has been offered to $HAUT holders ...
- 📰 Read “Meet PunkBodies, NFTs Composable with CryptoPunks” by Metaversal