NFT Metropolis 🏙️
Dear Bankless Nation,
Metaphorically speaking, the NFT ecosystem is easily the most interesting cultural metropolis anywhere on the internet right now.
At least in my opinion that’s true, but seriously — what other community could even make such a claim today?
Perhaps ourcrypto-native perceptions are warped by, well, the 1,000-ish “crypto years” we’ve already lived since the start of 2021, but yes: we are indeed cultural captains now, maverick masters of the young metaverse.
Yet as is the case with any metropolis, the NFT ecosystem is teeming with activity in all directions at all times. This can lead to you being bombarded with stimuli and thus at times feeling overloaded! Remember, then, to routinely set aside some time for yourself to rest and recharge, whatever that means for you personally.
As always: be well, stay creative, and have a great weekend everyone ✌️
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- Sotheby’s “Ape in”event saw a group of 101 Bored Ape Yacht Club collectibles auctioned for +$24M!
🎮 NFT Games
Yearn founder Andre Cronje released Rarity, a Loot-inspired on-chain game in which:
“Anyone can create a summoner, there are no limits, it doesn’t cost anything (other than gas). Once per day a summoner can adventure, earning 250xp. Once you have earned the required amount of xp to advance a level, you can level_up.”
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- BAYC held a celebration event in Decentraland after this week’s big auction concluded 🐒
- New words of wisdom from the open metaverse’s top wizard, jin:
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- Very Nifty (the team behind NFT20) unveiled Feather, an experimental NFT-based websites project.
- OpenSea has facilitated +$5B worth of volume so far this year. How’s that for product market fit? The NFT marketplace also just rolled out a “Counter Offer” feature 🌊
- Piplsay poll: 48% of Americans think NFTs are a good investment.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- DeFi dashboard Zapper now supports NFTX tokens ⚡