Luck of the mint (or trade) 🍀
Dear Bankless Nation,
Yesterday I minted a single NFT from an artsy, experimental profile picture project.
By the luck of the draw, the PFP I drew was light blue, while I was hoping for something black or red, which are my favorite colors since, well, forever.
Anyways, a little bit after waking up today someone hit me up to trade for the light blue PFP (after finding my mint via Context!) because they loved it. Turns out, in exchange they offered me a black or red PFP from the same series, so I picked the one that I thought suited my writerly nature best and we traded:
The takeaway here, then, is sometimes with a little patience the perfect NFT falls into your lap. Stay patient, stay creative, and have a great weekend ✌️
🛒 NFT News & Platforms
- Arbitrum temporarily paused the NFT-centric Arbitrum Odyssey campaign.
- Coinbase NFT began a Drops program.
- EIP4907, a token standard for NFT rentals, was finalized.
- Facebook started testing Ethereum and Polygon NFTs.
- OpenSea experienced an email vendor security incident.
- Gem launched a Live Mints dashboard to track ongoing NFT mint events:
- LooksRare added support for Coinbase Wallet.
- U.S. DOJ hit the “Baller Ape” NFT rug puller with money laundering and wire fraud charges.
- Quixotic, an NFT marketplace on Optimism, was exploited.
- Zora introduced the Zora Development Kit (ZDK) and redeemable NFTs:
🏆 Digital Collectibles
- doodles completed its Bucket Auction event:
- Nouns DAO is adding eight new heads and eight new accessories to its smart contract on August 8th, 2022.
- Lil Nouns DAO is developing a token-weighted bulletin board tool.
- Yuga Labs filed a lawsuit against Ryder Ripps for selling “copycat” Bored Ape NFTs.
- Art Blocks announced Nov. 11th and Nov. 12th dates for its Art Blocks Open House weekend.
🎮 NFT Gaming
- Axie Infinity launched Land Staking, kicked off Origin Phase 2, and reopened the Ronin Bridge.
- Treeverse released a short teaser vid of its upcoming MMORPG game:
- Coopahtroopa.eth published This Week in Music NFTs - June 27th.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Mona, a web3 metaverse platform, raised a $14.6M Series A round.
- The Sandbox opened up its LAND bridge to Polygon.
- HTC released its metaverse-minded and web3-friendly Viverse phone.
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Fractional unveiled a fixed price sales functionality.
- Element Finance explained how it designed its Elfiverse NFT project.
📺 Watch Arcade founder Gabe Frank talk NFT lending on Overpriced JPEGs
📺 Watch Bear Market War Stories w/ DCInvestor & Eric Conner on Bankless
🧐 Catch up on my other write-ups from this week: