DeFi Arts Intelligencer - Sept. 5th, 2020
Welcome to the 33rd issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer, your weekly source for key happenings around Ethereum art, collectibles, games, finance, and more. Subscribe here.
For this dispatch:
🎨 Digital Art & Collectibles
Artist Coldie became the first person to mint 100 pieces and collect 100 pieces on art platform SuperRare.
Collector Billy Whistler resold the Master token of jivinci’s “Girl With The Ethering” for 20 ETH on Async Art.
Artist Carlos Marcial kicked off auctions via Async Art and OpenSea for “Art Is the Currency of the Infinite” …
NFT investor and entrepreneur Andrew Steinwold unveiled to the public Sfermion, a metaverse-native investment firm.
Meet nifty.ink: a new platform for affordable NFT minting.
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- Ethereum trading card game Gods Unchained has two new prize draws: Shadow Draw and Mythic Draw.
- Backed by Polyient Games, the Axie Infinity PGFK Palooza tournament kicked off on September 5th.
- Ethereum gaming platform The Sandbox launched the Atari Token Competition, which runs between September 4th and September 17th.
♦️♦️ DeFi News
- Trading protocol Uniswap 1) reached $10 billion in all time volume, 2) acutely overtook Coinbase in 24-hour volume, and 3) became the largest DeFi dapp this week.
- Lending protocol Aave has now powered over $300 million in crypto-native flash loans
- yEarn’s new yinsurance product allows users to take out NFT-based insurance for various DeFi activities.
- yEarn also launched the yETH Vault this week. This DeFi tool lets users deposit ETH in order to steadily yield farm more ETH.
- It’s official: 1% of treasury inflows to Yam Finance going forward will be diverted to the funding pool of the Tech category of Gitcoin Grants.
- “Fanny Lakoubay - The Crypto Art Movement - Zima Red ep 32'“ - Andrew Steinwold / Zima Red
- “Promising Ethereum Scaling Solution Fuel Hits New Heights” - me
Thanks for reading, and stay creative on- and off-chain!
Keep an 👁️ out for the 34th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer this time next week, too. Cheers ✌️
About DeFi Arts Intelligencer
The DeFi Arts Intelligencer is curated by me, William M. Peaster, a professional writer and editor who’s been tracking the Ethereum and DeFi beats in recent years.
I’m passionate about art and a DeFi/NFT optimist, so putting together this newsletter is both fun and informative for me. I hope others may find the content helpful, too. But be mindful, the information herein should not be construed as investment advice. I’m not a financial adviser, and these are my opinions. Always take care to seriously consider the various layers of risk you face in participating in the still-maturing cryptoeconomy.
If you enjoy this newsletter and want to support it, feel free to subscribe or have a like-minded friend subscribe as well. I have collected NFTs open for offers, too, as well as my own art NFTs available on OpenSea. Tips also accepted at wmpeaster.eth. Thanks kindly!