DeFi Arts Intelligencer - Oct. 10th, 2020
Welcome to the 38th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer, your weekly source for key happenings around Ethereum art, collectibles, games, finance, and more. Subscribe here.
The DeFi Arts Intelligencer has its first sponsor! It’s your boy Digital. Digital is an extremely talented creator that tokenizes his art and music. He’s an early legend in Ethereum’s culture scene, so be sure to check out his website Danky.Art and sign up for his newsletter where he gives updates on his journey of being a digital artist leveraging Ethereum. Sign up here — Digital Newsletter.
For this dispatch:
🎨 Digital Art & Collectibles
DJ RAC and artist Reisinger Andres broke the SuperRare all-time sale record with a 70 ETH sale for “Elephant Dreams” …
Bryan Brinkman’s Pranksyland parcel is auctioning off for 10 ETH …
Programmable Ethereum art platform Async Art helped mainstream auction house Christie’s sell Robert Alice’s “Block 21” NFT for +$131,000 this week.
Meme Protocol opened a new HQ in Decentraland.
Larva Labs rolled out CryptoPunks bounties, be sure to check it out!
🕹️ Blockchain Games
- Axie Infinity pushed out Alpha Version 1.0.0v, which improves the gaming app’s stability and adds PvP energy.
- Axie Infinity also hit 10,000 Axie-holding addresses and 10,000 Discord members this week.
- Welcome the Wrapped Origin Axie (WOA) token, which represents an ERC-20 stake in a pool of Origin Aquatic, Beast, or Plant Axies.
- Ethereum trading card game Gods Unchained released a balance update that buffed some of the “lowest winrate and least used Trial of the Gods cards.”
♦️♦️ DeFi News
- Index Cooperative, a project for community-managed crypto indexes, launched.
- Alpha Finance Labs released Alpha Homora, a protocol for leveraged yield farming.
- Shell Protocol launched a new stablecoin automated market maker (AMM).
- Wrapped CryptoKitties are starting to take off.
Thanks for reading, and stay creative on- and off-chain!
Keep an 👁️ out for the 39th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer this time next week, too. Cheers ✌️
About DeFi Arts Intelligencer
The DeFi Arts Intelligencer is curated by me, William M. Peaster, a professional writer and editor who’s been tracking the Ethereum and DeFi beats in recent years.
I’m passionate about art and a DeFi/NFT optimist, so putting together this newsletter is both fun and informative for me. I hope others may find the content helpful, too. But be mindful, the information herein should not be construed as investment advice. I’m not a financial adviser, and these are my opinions. Always take care to seriously consider the various layers of risk you face in participating in the still-maturing cryptoeconomy.
If you enjoy this newsletter and want to support it, feel free to subscribe or have a like-minded friend subscribe as well. I have collected NFTs open for offers, too, as well as my own art NFTs available. Tips also accepted at wmpeaster.eth. Thanks kindly!