DeFi Arts Intelligencer - Dec. 12th, 2020
Welcome to the 47th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer, your weekly source for key happenings around Ethereum art, collectibles, games, finance, and more. Subscribe here.
The NFT sports arena is exciting, and one of the biggest projects of note in that sector right now is F1 Delta Time. The Formula 1 blockchain-based game has brought in 100s of ETH worth of transactions in recent weeks, which shows the game is booming lately. It’s time to pay attention accordingly!
For this dispatch:
🎨 Digital Art & Collectibles
- For my second Async Art advocacy campaign, I’ve teamed up with the talented multidisciplinary cryptoartist Hidden Forces to get the word out on his coming multi-layered masterpiece, “Who’s the Controller Now?” More on that soon. For now, learn more about the artist through my profile piece!
- Acclaimed artist and “Everydays” pioneer beeple did +1M in volume (21 1/1s, 3 open editions for 5 minutes, and 100 $1 editions) on Nifty Gateway this weekend! Big congrats to the artist, and to the NFT space overall. Check out his epic 1/1s schedule below …
For some high level NFT analysis, look to none other than Sean Ono Lennon this week …
Art Blocks Drop #2 is out!
MetaFactory’s $ROBOT token was just airdropped to all MetaFactory buyers and sellers …
Two great new cryptoart resources dropped this week: cryptoart.io and NFTArtPulse.
Leading Ethereum cryptoart platform SuperRare unveiled permissionless digital art auctions.
Messari is making a lot of sense lately …
🕹️ Blockchain Games
Leading Ethereum game Axie Infinity is seeing record activity levels …
Send some Small Love Potions ($SLP) for Christmas this year!
The Neon District PvP system just went live!
Global fantasy ⚽ game Sorare brought in ~$350k volume this week.
♦️♦️ DeFi News
The Eth2 deposit contract now has over 1.2M deposited …
I did a write-up on some interesting yield farms right now in the DeFi Pulse Farmer. Please exercise caution …
- 📰 “WOCA is raising funds through Gitcoin Grants” - WOCA
- 📰 “TokenSmart NFT Humpday Report #11: SuperRare Embraces ‘Coldie Method,’ and That's Great for Cryptoart”- me, for nft42
- 📰 “Crypto Art: A Decentralized View” - Massimo Franceschet, et al.
Thanks for reading, and stay creative on- and off-chain!
Keep an 👁️ out for the 48th issue of the DeFi Arts Intelligencer this time next week, too. Cheers ✌️
About DeFi Arts Intelligencer
The DeFi Arts Intelligencer is curated by me, William M. Peaster, a professional writer and editor who’s been tracking the Ethereum and DeFi beats in recent years.
I’m passionate about art and a DeFi/NFT optimist, so putting together this newsletter is both fun and informative for me. I hope others may find the content helpful, too. But be mindful, the information herein should not be construed as investment advice. I’m not a financial adviser, and these are my opinions. Always take care to seriously consider the various layers of risk you face in participating in the still-maturing cryptoeconomy.
If you enjoy this newsletter and want to support it, feel free to subscribe or have a like-minded friend subscribe as well. I have collected NFTs open for offers, too, as well as my own art NFTs available. Tips also accepted at wmpeaster.eth. Thanks kindly!