Bridging NFTs to L2 🌉
Dear Bankless Nation,
Quix, the first NFT marketplace on the Optimism L2, opened up the Optimism NFT Bridge this week.
The idea? Now you have the ability to bridge over and trade your Ethereum L1 NFTs on Optimism, where transaction costs are drastically lower than on mainnet.
The NFT bridging scene is super early right now, so we’re still a ways off from seeing a lot of activity from migrating over. But in my mind, this is roundabouts the start of a new era for NFTs so keep your eyes on the bridges over the next couple of years!
In the meantime have a great weekend everyone! And as always thanks kindly for reading ✌️
📣 General NFT News
- CNN shuttered its Vault NFT series, leading to plenty of rug pull complaints and jokes.
- cygaar, ERC721A pioneer and Azuki collection dev, released an open-source library for subscription NFTs based on his EIP-5634 design.
- Foundation introduced Drops, a new resource for releasing big NFT collections and creating editioned packs of NFTs:
- Mango Markets was hacked this week, and interestingly the attacker’s blockchain history suggests they have a history of prolific NFT flipping.
- Mason Keresty, the rediscoverer of Linagee Names, found what appeared to be an even older NFT project though wasn’t upon closer inspection.
- Rainbow launched app notifications, including for NFT activities.
- Tessera facilitated the auctions of the first 100 Nounlets.
- Quix unveiled the Optimism NFT Bridge:
🏆 Digital Collectibles
Azuki introduced collector profiles.
Yuga Labs, the creators of the Bored Ape Yacht Club collection, are being investigated by the SEC over potential securities law violations.
Yuga Labs also just kicked off its cryptopunks.app restoration effort.
- beeple is building a digital art and NFT studio in Charleston, South Carolina.
- SuperRare published How is cryptoart different from other NFTs?
🎮 Decentralized Gaming
- Axie Infinity: Raylights, a mini-game for Axie land holders, is now live.
- Forgotten Runes Wizard’s Club unveiled details about the combat system of its upcoming Forgotten Runiverse game:
💽 Music NFTs
- sound.xyz helped 170 artists facilitate $3.5M worth of music NFT sales during its Season 3 campaign.
🌐 Virtual Worlds
- Decentraland estimated it currently has ~8,000 daily active users in response to a since-edited article that relied on limited data to wrongly claim the virtual world had only ~38 DAUs:
💎 DeFi x NFTs
- Collection.xyz, a liquidity incentives protocol for NFT AMMs, launched.
- Kofi, an onchain data specialist, published a sudoswap analytics dashboard called sudoswap.vision.
- MetaStreet, the self-described interest rate protocol of the metaverse, announced a new $10M funding round.
- Uniswap just rolled out a revamped web app, and new NFT functionalities are coming up next:
🌌 Read Why ATOM 2.0 Is a Gamechanger in Bankless
📺 Watch Rejecting Bitcoin Fundamentalism with Dan Held on Bankless
🌱 Watch the John Paller | Opolis interview on Green Pill
🙇 Catch up on my other write-ups from this week: